Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Still alive!!!


Well, I'm still here and kicking! I won't tell it's been easy. I survived the harshest part of the winter. The short days where it was dark much more than it was light. The coldest days when it didn't get above 0 degrees F. And the windy and snowy days when my house sucked snow out of the sky like a giant brand new Hoover. This doesn't even show the worst of the snow that built up against my house. For a long time, my porch was permenantly dark because my windows were completely covered up by snow. That did make the skiing better.

This is a picture of my entrance way one morning before I went to school. It took me a good 20 minutes to get out of my house that morning.

This isn't even the hardest part of my life up here. Oh, those 7th graders are the true challenge up here at the end of the earth. I'm really learning a lot about myself working with this age group. I'm learning that consistency pays off and that you can never be too organized. I'm learning that a laugh can do a lot for me at the end of the day. I'm also learning that no matter how much it seems that some students do not want me up here and how beat down and drug out I feel at the end of some days, that there are still some students that make it all worth while. I try to hold on to those moments with all my will and strength. Still I want to reintroduce corporal punishment back into the school sometimes. Just kidding.

Anyway, it's been one of those days.
I'll be blogging more regularly again. Don't give up on my blog slackness.

Dirk

No comments: